Tuesday, November 24, 2009

By the pricking of my thumb, a Sermon Series this way comes.

Yes, the rumors are true.
Advent is here and the next 4 Sundays will be devoted to preaching THE END.

Ah! But which end? Very important question!  (not just for milkmaids and artillerymen)

I will be using this space to note the non-ends, that are often confused with the parousia* the Sermons, which will be podcast , will set out the teaching of what we do believe, and more importantly, I hope, why we believe it.


Non-End #1:
2012 and planetary alignments of all types.
Yes, Jesus said: "There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars,..." Lk 21:25
But he never said I won't tell you about them but I will tell my Mayan buds & they will carve it up in glyphs. Pua-leese!

But you don't have to take my word for it, ask NASA:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html 

Stay Tuned for more non-ends.
<><
H+

*parousia (παρουσία from the Greek: divine presence, derived from "para": beside, beyond, and "ousia": substance) the "appearance and subsequent presence with" (in the ancient world referring to official visits by royalty). 

No comments:

Post a Comment